Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) is fast becoming the diagnostic tool of choice for mapping neuro function in the brain. Non-invasive, no ingestion or infusion of tagged material required, and radiation free, fMRI maps neurological function through blood oxygen level dependent (BOLD) MRI scans of the brain. This technique measures heightened oxygen levels within a region of interest in response to external stimuli.
Analyzing maps generated by this technique yields valuable information that can help guide surgical intervention procedures. Consequently, technology that helps develop accurate and specific exam reports is essential.
BrainWave imaging software is an easy-to-use analysis and visualization tool for functional brain image data acquired with BrainWave RT. BrainWave enables processing, analysis, 3D rendering and display of results from BOLD MRI scans.
- Provides retrospective motion correction for patient motion.
- Activation maps generated using Generalized Lineal Model (GLM) analysis.
- Sophisticated visualization techniques fuse analysis results with anatomical data.
- Clear visualization with color activation maps and interactive thresholding.
- Paradigms saved in the DICOM private structure for fast analysis.
- Full integration with AW filming, networking, and archiving.
- Full DICOM fidelity.
- Ability to transfer activations into high resolution 3D DICOM data sets for neurological applications.